- 2 cups walnuts
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¾ cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- 4 tsp coconut oil, divided
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 lb sliced or torn mushrooms
- Fresh thyme
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the biscuits, grind the walnuts, salt, pepper, and baking soda in a food processor until a coarse meal forms. Stir in the thyme leaves, egg, and sweet potato, and then pulse again until thoroughly combined.
- Shape into discs approximately ½ inch thick and 3 inches in diameter. Bake on the lined baking sheet in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until browned and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- While the biscuits bake, make the gravy by combining the cooked cauliflower, fish sauce, 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, salt, and coconut milk in a food processor and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms: heat 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are soft and quite brown. Transfer the cauliflower mixture into the pan, combine with the mushrooms. Once hot, remove from the heat.
- Place a scoop of the mushroom mixture on a plate and top with a warm biscuit or two. Garnish with thyme leaves and black pepper.