- 1/3 cup flax meal
- 1 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a baking/cookie sheet pan (or a doughnut pan), set aside.
- Combine the flaxseed meal, psyllium husk powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the water to the dry mixture, and mix until all the water has been absorbed. Add the almond butter, and vinegar, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form patties by hand that are approximtely 4″ in diameter, and 1/2″ thick. Lay on your baking pan and cut a small circle from the middle of each round. Alternatively, if using a doughnut pan, press the dough uniformly into each cup. Do not overfill; the doughnuts will rise in the oven.
- Bake for around approximately 40 minutes, until firm. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Cut each bagel in half, and serve with your favorite toppings.
This recipe is essentially a rework of the Meat Free Keto’s Vegan Keto Bagel Thins, so go check out that version! The original is made with tahini, but since I often find it is too bitter for my taste, I experimented with almond butter. The baking powder in the original is problematic since it usually includes cornstarch, and I steer clear of corn and other grains. Hope you enjoy this version!