- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Mix the coconut oil, honey, and egg yolks until foamy. Mix in flours and salt.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a cookie sheet and set it aside.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to a 1/4″ thickness. Make shapes using a cookie cutter, then transfer them to the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-10 minutes until browned and firm. Set aside to cool.
- To make the frosting, whip the shortening, honey, and lemon juice together until totally mixed and smooth. When the cookies have cooled, top with the frosting using a small knife or the back of a spoon. Finish with lemon zest.