These raw energy bars are packed with superfoods: chia, sea-buckthorn, and bee pollen!
- 30 large dates, pitted
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sea-buckthorn powder
- 2 tbsp bee pollen
- 2 pinches salt
- 4 tbsp red palm oil
- Roughly chop the dates, then pulse them as finely as you can in a food processor.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded coconut, chia seeds, sea-buckthorn powder, bee pollen, and salt.
- Work the pureed dates and red palm oil into the dry mixture, kneading until thoroughly combined.
- Press the mixture into a non-stick 8×8 square pan. Chill for one hour or until very firm.
- Carefully cut into bars and serve chilled or room temperature.
The red palm oil heightens the hue, but can stain utensils and color your hands. Coconut oil can be subbed instead.
- Category: Snack