- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp moringa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, plus more for greasing muffin molds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup palm shortening, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melted chocolate and pumpkin seeds, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a silicone muffin pan with coconut oil, or line a muffin tin with parchment liners.
- Pulse the coconut flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin seeds, moringa powder, baking soda, and salt in a food processor until the pumpkin seeds are ground into a fine meal.
- Add the eggs, oil, honey and puree until smooth.
- Spoon into the cups of the silicone mold or muffin tin, then place in the preheated oven. Reduce the heat to 350° F, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean, then set aside to cool.
- To make the frosting, whip the shortening, honey, and vanilla until smooth. Fit a pastry bag with a coupler and tip (I used a Wilton No. 233 Multi-Opening Decorating Tip), then load the frosting into the pastry bag. Once the cupcakes have cooled, pipe the frosting on top in the design of your choice.
- Top with melted chocolate and more pumpkin seeds. if desired.
- Category: Dessert