This savory pie combines the meatiness of Kalamata olives, the brightness of citrus zest, and the cooling flavor of mint for a result that’s rich and exotic.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8″ tart pan and set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the crust in a medium mixing bowl.
- Press into the tart pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes. The surface of the crust should be foamy and oily when you remove it from the oven but will dry as it cools.
- To make the filling, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet. Thinly slice the 1/2 onion and sautee until very soft.
- Let the onion cool, then add the olives and mix in the pan. Transfer the olive mixture to the cooled crust.
- Grate the zest of 1/2 lemon over the pie, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds and mint.
- Serve cold or at room temperature (this pie is best served the same day that it is made).
- Category: Main