- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 2 sugar-free pasture-raised breakfast sausages (I used Belcampo Breakfast Sausages)
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 4 tsp cooking fat
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 avocado
- Black pepper
- Chili flakes
- Heat two teaspoons of the cooking fat in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook the sausage, turning occasionally until browned on all sides and fully-cooked. Remove from the skillet.
- Peel the garlic clove and slice in half. After the sausage is finished cooking, turn the heat to medium-low and add the garlic and spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted, turning frequently so that the garlic does not burn. Remove the spinach from the skillet when it is wilted, season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Discard the garlic.
- Add the remaining two teaspoons of the cooking fat. Fry the egg, flipping once, in the hot fat until the white is solid but the yolk is still runny. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- While the egg is frying, slice the avocado. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Combine with the sausage, egg, and spinach, and enjoy!