Easy Everyday Whole30 Breakfast with Sugar-Free Sausage
This easy, everyday Whole30 breakfast pairs sugar-free breakfast sausage with a pasture-raised egg, garlicky wilted spinach, and creamy avocado.
Since the Whole30 dietary protocol eliminates grains and sugar for 30 days, store-bought breakfast sausage that is Whole30-approved can be hard to find (if you’re not familiar with the Whole30, read the Whole30 rules). I used Belcampo breakfast sausage in this recipe, which I love because the ingredients are just pork, sea salt, and spices.
This breakfast sausage is also very special because in addition to being sugar-free, it is organic, non-GMO, and it is made with pasture-raised pork. Unless you’ve made a specific effort to find pasture-raised pork, you likely don’t know how difficult it is to find pasture-raised pork. It’s so, so, so rare! I had definitely given up on ever finding pasture-raised pork here in California until I discovered Belcampo.
How does Belcampo breakfast sausage taste so good when it’s made with only three ingredients? Sourcing the best version of those ingredients probably has something to do with it. Belcampo ships throughout the contiguous United States, so get these sausages to help ensure your Whole30 success or simply to enjoy any day.
This breakfast also features Belcampo pasture-raised eggs! Pasture-raised eggs are higher in omega-3 fatty acids. Since there has been a marked increase in omega-6 consumption in the United States throughout the 20th century (1), I focus on increasing the share of foods featuring beneficial omega-3 fatty acids in my diet.
By the way, if you’re looking for a similar breakfast that includes more whole-food carbs, check out my How to Build a Balanced Breakfast post. If you’re low(er) carb or even keto, enjoy my Easy Everyday Whole30 Breakfast.Print
Easy Everyday Whole30 Breakfast
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 2 sugar-free pasture-raised breakfast sausages (I used Belcampo Breakfast Sausages)
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 4 tsp cooking fat
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 avocado
- Black pepper
- Chili flakes
- Heat two teaspoons of the cooking fat in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook the sausage, turning occasionally until browned on all sides and fully-cooked. Remove from the skillet.
- Peel the garlic clove and slice in half. After the sausage is finished cooking, turn the heat to medium-low and add the garlic and spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted, turning frequently so that the garlic does not burn. Remove the spinach from the skillet when it is wilted, season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Discard the garlic.
- Add the remaining two teaspoons of the cooking fat. Fry the egg, flipping once, in the hot fat until the white is solid but the yolk is still runny. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- While the egg is frying, slice the avocado. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Combine with the sausage, egg, and spinach, and enjoy!