- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced or grated fresh ginger
- 3 – 5 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 – 5 cups cooked noodles (I used gluten-free, omit for a Whole30 option)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley, dill, or thyme (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Warm the olive oil in a large, thick-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chicken, chicken stock, and bay leaves and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 – 30 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Stir in the cooked noodles and add salt and black pepper, to taste. Ladle into bowls for serving and stir in fresh herbs and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, if using.