- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 2″ piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 (heaping) tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz smoked haddock (or mackerel)
- 4 eggs (hard-boiled or soft-boiled)
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Heat the coconut oil or ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Pulse the onion, ginger, and garlic in a food processor until finely shredded. Cook in the hot oil for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until “riced” (step-by-step pictures here). Add to the skillet, and cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the curry powder, chili flakes, mustard seeds, salt, and the chopped tomatoes. Cook for an additional five minutes, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes are broken down and the spices thoroughly incorporated.
- Shred the smoked fish loosely with your fingers over the skillet, sprinkling over the vegetable mixture. Stir the fish in thoroughly, taste, and add more salt and chili flakes if desired.
- Remove from the heat, and add sliced eggs, chopped cilantro, cracked black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
- Serve warm or room temperature.