- 2/3 cup roughly-chopped pecans
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz or 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries (or 2 1/2 cups of your preferred berry/fruit, chopped into 1/2” pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease an 8″ square baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coconut, pecans, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the milk, banana, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk until blended, then stir into the dry ingredients.
- Reserve about ½ cup of the berries for topping the baked oatmeal, then gently stir the rest into the batter. Spoon into the greased cake pan. Scatter the remaining berries across the top, and additional chopped pecans if desired.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until the top is cooked and golden. Remove your baked n’oatmeal from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.